(You can read my resume here in beautiful LaTeX with a standardized PDF viewer. Or you can read my resume below in disgusting automatically-generated HTML with CSS formatting that renders completely differently based on your operating system, web browser, screen size, default fonts, and hair colour. Your choice.)
Eugene Y. Q. Shen
firstname.lastname@example.org · (604) 295–7569
6098 Commercial Street · Vancouver, Canada · V5P 3N9
https://github.com/eyqs/ · https://eyqs.ca/ · https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugeneyqshen/
University of British Columbia (UBC)September 2015–PresentSecond-year in the Engineering Physics program. Past courses include Intermediate Algorithms (CPSC 320), Competitive Programming (CPSC 490), Vector Calculus (MATH 217), and Diatonic Harmony (MUSC 101).
- Research in a team of 2 for the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Research Experience Program, presented Ice Nucleation by Lead Iodide at the Multidisciplinary Undergraduate Research Conference;
- Help design in Altium the satellite transceiver PCB for UBC Orbit's Communications subteam;
- Help recode the driver to interface with GPS and LIDAR for UBC Snowbots's Integrations subteam.
Sir Winston Churchill Secondary SchoolSeptember 2012–May 2015Graduated from the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme with 41 out of 42 base points.
Teaching Assistant, University of British ColumbiaJanuary 2016–PresentUndergraduate teaching assistant for APSC 160, Introduction to Computation in Engineering Design.
- Mark over 70 C labs every week;
- Create a Python script to automatically open and compile the labs;
- Mark both midterms, invigilate and mark the final exam;
- Hold office hours, attend weekly meetings, and respond to questions on an online forum.
HELP Volunteer, Canadian Red Cross SocietyAugust 2014–December 2015Front desk volunteer at the Vancouver depot for the Health Equipment Loan Program.
- Created a new standardized inventory labelling system;
- Met with clients at the front desk and processed their loan requests;
- Keyed in loan data, organized equipment inventory, and responded to calls.
2nd in Division Two, ACM-ICPC Pacific Northwest RegionalsNovember 2015Used Python and C++ in a team of 3 UBC students for this programming competition.
4th in Round One, North American Computational Linguistics OlympiadMarch 2015 2nd in the Western Division, Canadian Computing CompetitionJanuary 2014 R. A. Pyke Mathematics Memorial Scholarship, Sir Winston ChurchillJune 2015 N. L. Drugge Shield, Sir Winston ChurchillJune 2015 Associate Diploma for Piano Performance, Royal Conservatory of MusicAugust 2014